Warning! Improper use of this tool may invalidate SQL database used for Rapid Classified installation. Conversion Tools provided on "AS IS" bases without warranties. GASoft is not responsible for any data loss resulted from the use of the Conversion Tools.
Database backup/restore tool for Rapid Classified running with MySQL or MSSQL database (from here on both types of database would be referenced as SQL). The tool is extremely useful for:
- Occasional SQL backup if hosting does not provide backup of SQL database (most do however).
- When decision was made to move database from MS Access to SQL or from MySQL to MSSQL and vise versa
- When planning to move the site running with SQL from one hosting server to another.
SQL database backed up to a special blank cldb.mdb MS Access database, which may be further downloaded and stored at a local computer or moved to other site for further restore to another SQL database.
The tool comprises two utilities under the same page with GUI – SQL to Access and Access to SQL
SQL to Access – Backup utility. Copies all records from all tables in SQL database into a blank MS Access database
Access to SQL – Restore utility. Copies all records from all tables in MS Access database into an SQL database
First Time Configuration
Warning! Do not continue if classified configured to run with MS Access database and you are NOT planning to move from MSAccess to SQL. Conversion Tools are only suited to work with SQL database.
Conversion Tools partially pre-installed. To complete installation follow instructions below:
- Change the conversion tools page name (for additional security). Open site in FTP and change the db_convert.asp page name retaining .asp extension. For instance to: my_rollout_page.asp
- Open Miscellaneous Configs admin page, type a new page name (less .asp extension) into "Conversion Tools Page Name" field and click "Save Configurations" button.
- Download a blank cldb.mdb MS Access database from http://www.4u2ges.com/zips/cldb.zip
Skip the following step if classified currently configured with MS Access database and you intend to move to SQL
- Upload blank MS Access database cldb.mdb into db folder at classified installation overriding an existed MS Access database.