- Updates and new features
- License upgrade
- Installation Upgrade
- Note to 3-rd party developers
I. Updates and new features
Following is new, updated or fixed in v3.3:
- Full UTF-8 support.
To support UTF-8, MySQL requires ODBC drivers v5.1 on web server.
- Keywords in URL and full URL rewrite for key pages.
Keywords in URL example:
Full URL rewrite example:
Note: For full URL rewrite, one of the following required on web server:
* ISAPI rewrite module v3.0 from Helicon
* URL Rewrite module v2.0 for IIS 7.0
* Any other ISAPI module with option to specify rewrite rules.
- New, fully automated password protected installation setup routine.
- Code editor (in addition to WYSIWYG) in Content Management.
- Sessions handling optimized for performance.
- Online management for some of the configuration files stored in config folder.
- Powerful category/subcategory cloning. Any category could be replicated along with tree structure and all other attributes
under it .
- Revised Sitemap generator. Now with sitemaps v0.9 standard. Could be submitted to any SE, which support sitemaps. Built-in XML splitter.
- Option to switch off statistics gathering for banners rotator (one of the sources for growing SQL transaction log at sites heavily populated with banners).
- Search block removed from footer and “light” search block placed into header. Footer menu and copyright moved into the bottom navigation bar.
- Mass repost for expired ads (recommended in free and possibly credits mode only).
- Support for ASPUpload (from persists). Utilizes less server memory, while images uploaded to the site.
- Option to create a list of keywords for which ad description
(at full ad view page) would be scanned. Matched in ad
description keyword converted into URL link pointed to the site
search page in attempt to locate all other ads with specific
keyword in description.
- Ability to set default ad options in credits mode.
- Optimized paging routine for list pages. Proxy (filter.asp) page no longer required saving extra trip to the server with each request.
- Option to lock the site from visitors with custom text/HTML prompt. Great for site maintenance, update, database conversion …etc.
- Revised online admin help for content and appearance.
- Revised for appearance FAQ page.
Note: templates based FAQ no longer supported.
- Visitors counter taken out from footer. Instead, there is more powerful statistics gathering routine implemented. New statistics include:
* Ads count
* Accounts count
* All time visitors counter
* Online visitors counter
Code for display of statistical data could be inserted into any page or template as text. In addition, there are 2 instances of fully configurable graphical output in a form of image button. Example:
- Revised admin tasks page.
- Trusted users. Any user could be made "trusted" and post ads
bypassing pending ad status (in moderated mode).
- Number or other improvements throughout application.
Free license upgrade for RC v3.2 or v3.2c
Owners or Rapid Classified v3.2 and v3.2c automatically upgraded to
v3.3, with no additional purchase. If you own one of two mentioned
licenses, then you may download v3.3 package at a premium download
page without being charged. A link to premium downloads page and
logon credentials were e-mailed to you after the original license
License upgrade for v3.1 (premium) or older
Owners of license for Rapid Classified v3.1 and older versions would
not have access for a free download of v3.3 package. Fifty percent
discount (from a current license price) offered to owners of older
versions for the license upgrade to v3.3. If you own one of
mentioned types of licenses and interested in license upgrade, send
your request along with original license purchase information
(purchase ID, Full name, e-mail address used to make a purchase).
Note: Upgrading original single license from any
version to v3.3 does not grant the rights for an additional Rapid
Classified installation. You still allowed to have number of
installations corresponded to the originally purchased license. If
you are planning to use Rapid Classified v3.3 package to set up a
new site without shutting down any other installations you might
previously installed, then full license purchase is required (not
applied to an Unlimited License).
III. Installation Upgrade
Direct upgrade is available for Rapid Classified v3.15, v3.2 and
v3.2c. To upgrade installation to v3.3, please download an upgrade
kit from Premium Download page.
Rapid Classified v3.1 should be upgraded to Rapid Classified v3.2
first (upgrade scripts enclosed with the v3.2 package) and then to
v3.3 with an upgrade kit for v3.3.
IV. Note to 3-rd party developers
If you developed and distributing a plug-in or an add-on to Rapid
Classified product, then it is recommended to evaluate all developed
products with Rapid Classified v3.3 installation. It is likely that
your current plug-in release would not properly function under v3.3
environment one way or another (specifically if plug-in contains
pages, which replace the originals during installation). If that is
the case, then you would need to release a version which is
compatible with RC v3.3 or at least provide compatibility
information at the distribution page.
Note: No pages/files from any previously released
package are cross compatible with v3.3.