Upgrade From v3.15 to v3.2c
For successful upgrade please follow instructions
below. Do not skip or change the order of steps.
- Backup current installation. That literally means - download entire
content of the current installation along with all pages/folders/subfolder
to your computer via FTP.
- Delete the following from current Rapid Classified
installation at the web site:
- All pages from "config" folder
- All pages from "content" folder
- All stylesheets from "css" folder
- help.mdb from database folder (folder name specified in
config/config.asp as dbFolder)
- All images from "img" folder. You may leave "icons"
- "sql_setup" folder itself
- All pages/files from the root of Rapid Classified installation
- Upload the following to the Rapid Classified installation
from RC v3.2c package:
- All pages from "config" folder into "config" folder at the
- Content of "css" folder
- All pages from "content" folder into "content" folder at the
- help.mdb from "db" folder into database folder at the
- All images from "img" folder into "img" folder at the
installation (you may skip "icons" subfolder)
- "script" folder into installation
- "sql_setup" folder into installation
- All pages/files from the root of the "RC" folder into the root
of the installation (except setup pages which start with [!])
- If you had any custom logo or other images in "img" folder, then
upload them into "img" folder from installation backup.
- Since all pages in "config" folder were replaced in step
would need to customize some of them.
config.asp - make sure to properly select database type, path to
folders, database connection credentials ..etc. Use backed up file as
reference or setup_manual.pdf in "Manuals" folder within the
helpconfig.asp - make sure the dbFolder path variable is the
same as in "config.asp".
tn_config.asp - change tn_encode_key value to any string. Change
secure_content value to any string. The value you set for
secure_content would be your new password to Content Management
page and at the same time for Database Conversion Tools page (if you
ever use it).
unique.asp - if you amended this file at the old installation, then
make same amendments to the page at the current installation.
- If you made any amendments to RC pages at the old v3.15 installation,
then you would need to make respective amendments to newly installed pages.
Do NOT ever use pages from older v3.15 at the new v3.2c installation.